The benefits of waxing vehicles in Southern MD
After a thorough washing and interior detailing, many vehicle owners in Southern Maryland put the finishing touch on their cars and trucks by applying a coat of wax. Is this a practice of automotive vanity, or does waxing actually pay legitimate dividends?
A coat of wax provides a pristine shine and can help protect paint from the elements. Waxing may not be as essential as in years past, when vehicle paints were run-of-the-mill lacquers that didn't offer much in the way of protection. But waxing can still provide a variety of benefits that go beyond making a vehicle look good when cruising down the highway.
What Benefits Can Waxing My Vehicle Have?
· Protects paint's clear coating: According to the research team at consumer resource site Angie's List, failing to occasionally apply wax or another protectant to the vehicle's exterior can cause a breakdown of the clear coat that protects the paint. If the clear coating deteriorates, the paint can be exposed to road salt and may be vulnerable to damage from oxidation.
· Covers up blemishes: Properly applied wax can cover small scratches or light blemishes in the paint job. This may delay having to get a new paint job.
· Shields against bugs and bird debris: A freshly washed car can seem like a magnet for bird droppings and bug splatter. A coat of wax is another protectant against these issues, and may make it easier to clean off residue so it doesn't stick to and damage the vehicle's paint.
· Reduces leasing expenses: Lessees may want to know that applying wax can keep a vehicle in better condition, which can pay dividends when it is time to turn in a vehicle. The dealership will perform a thorough inspection and could charge for discoloration, scratches or other paint issues. Waxing regularly may help reduce those expenses.
· May help prevent careless driving: A person who diligently takes care of his or her vehicle may translate that care into caution behind the wheel. If one is excited to keep a clean and wellmaintained car, it makes sense that the same person will want to protect the vehicle in other ways, such as through safe driving habits.
· Provides exercise and fresh air: A day spent washing and waxing a vehicle can be enjoyable to those who can use some time outdoors.
· Improves resale value: A well-maintained car or truck is more attractive to potential buyers. That can translate into a higher resale value, whether the vehicle is sold privately or as a trade-in.
Waxing a vehicle is beneficial in various ways. New formulations are easier than ever to apply and can provide that shiny, well-maintained look drivers covet.
For car detailing or carwash packages contact Cheseldine Car Wash